In our recent platform update, we have consolidated our previous "How-To" and "Template" categories into a single, more comprehensive "Projects" category. This change is intended to provide a more user-friendly editing experience.

Projects should include the entire process, from initial design concept, through the making process, to the final presentation of the completed product. It is divided into 4 steps: Basic Information, Production Info, Instruction, Wrap Up. 

Basic Information

1. Cover

🖼️ Your cover image matters a lot! It's the first thing that draws the attention of your fellow makers. Hence, ensure it highlights your finished product, not the process. The current cover size is 4:3.

Some tips for creating a great cover: https://www.designfind.com/discussion/1099

2. Title

Be specific, short, and include design uses.

Fox example,
"Christmas Tree Stand Decor" instead of a long sentence.

3. Summary

Tell your fellow makers about your design. Why did you make it? Who did you make it for?

• Fox example,
    "I often wish that I have some kind of mirror by my door, so I am able to take a quick glance at myself and make sure that I look presentable before opening the door. But I would want the mirror to be a decorative piece, rather than just a mirror.
  • Here is a round craft mirror I found at Hobby Lobby, I incorporate a lotus flower scene into the design, and now I will feel confident to greet whoever is at my door."
  • Credit to @ytxtool 

4. Project Files

• You can upload the design in many formats, such as XCS,DXF,SVG etc. Please be careful to upload valid files so that members can download and use them. 
  • Please prioritise sharing .xcs files so that members can import your projects directly to XCS for editing, saving them valuable time

5. Project Origin

You can choose “Original” or “Remix”. If your design is made after referencing someone else's design, please remember to upload a link to the original design to protect property rights.

6. License

You can choose the licence for your design based on whether it allows modification by others and commercial use of your design.

Production Info

Fill in Application Scenarios, Software, Machine and procession Module, Material Use, Material Info, Total Time in order.

Instruction

You can chooso to write a instruction or not, if you write, you can earn extra 300 points.

If you don't want to write, fill in the settings and go to the next step.

If you write, you can choose to upload a instruction files or use template to write a tutorial.

For the detailed steps, you need to pay attention to:

• Make sure to describe each step with words, you can write about how to place materials, how to edit the image file, functions and filters you applied, accessories or tools you use, and so on. Don't leave your fellow makers guessing! 
  • It's best to upload appropriate images for each step so that it will be easier for everyone to understand.
  • This is also a great space to add any useful reminders you learned along the way. Remember, the community thrives on shared knowledge, and we can all learn from your trials and errors.

Wrap Up

For the final step, you need to enter the Tags, Difficulty.